Purpose & Goal
Kishwaukee Bible Church exists to preach the Word of God and to train and equip people to know the God of the Word to the end that all would participate in sharing with the world the good news of God’s mercy that is found in Jesus Christ.
We desire to be good stewards of the gospel by:
- Faithfully preaching the full counsel of God contained within the sixty-six books of the Bible.
- Faithfully proclaiming the gospel to the world by going to “every corner of the world” with the message of God’s love.
- Faithfully preparing the saints to fulfill their purpose in extending the kingdom of God by equipping the saints for ministry.
- Faithfully passing on the gospel to the next generation by entrusting the message to faithful men who are able to teach the “good news” to others.
- Faithfully partnering with like-minded churches in extending the kingdom of God on earth.
- Faithfully planting and strengthening the local church at home and abroad.
Kishwaukee Bible Church started in 1994 as an extension of Grace Church of DuPage. There was a group of people traveling from DeKalb/Sycamore to Warrenville. Dr. Stan Brandon was part of that group and began asking the elders at Grace Church if they would consider planting church. In 1993 at group was established to begin the task to lay the foundation for a church. September 11, 1993 was the first church service of Kishwaukee Bible Church.
Over time the church has met in a variety of places. We began at Dr. Brandon’s home in DeKalb, the Art Building at Northern Illinois University and then in 1995 purchased a building at 425 Fisk Ave. We outgrew the Fisk Building and began meeting at Bethany Community Church until they went through some changes so we came back to the Fisk Building. In 2007 we started having our Sunday Morning Worship Service at Cornerstone Christian Academy. In 2011 we began renting office space in downtown Sycamore at 201 West State Street.
We are thankful for all that the Lord has done and continues to do.
What we Believe – Short Doctrinal Statement
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three person; that these are equal in every divine perfection, and that they perform distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence and redemption.
- We believe in God the Father, an infinite, personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He infallibly foreknows all that shall come to pass, that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal visible return to earth.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ, and that He is an abiding helper, teacher and guide.
- We believe that the first man Adam was created by God in His own image; that he sinned and thereby incurred physical, spiritual and eternal death, which is separation from God; that as a consequence, all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are sinners by choice and therefore under condemnation.
- We believe that those who repent and forsake sin and trust Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and become new creatures, delivered from condemnation and receive eternal life.
- We believe in the universal church, a living spiritual body of which Christ is the head and all regenerated persons are members. We believe in the local church, consisting of a company of believers in Jesus Christ, and associated for worship, work, and fellowship. We believe that God has laid upon the members of the local church the primary task of giving the gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has committed two ordinances to the local church, baptism and the Lord’s Supper. We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion of the believer in water into the name of the triune God. We believe that Christ instituted the Lord’s Supper for commemoration of His death. We believe that these two ordinances should be observed and administered until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth and the establishment of His kingdom. We believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, the eternal reward of the righteous and the endless suffering of the wicked.