FLOCKS are a gathering of KBC’s church family outside of the Sunday Morning Worship. These groups meet in homes for fellowship, Bible study and to love one another. Through these groups, KBC attenders are identified with a small community of believers whose goals are to edify and equip fellow believers for the work of service (Ephesians 4:12) and to beckon those in spiritual darkness to come into the light. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Fellowship – A major purpose of this ministry is to provide extended contact and deeper intimacy among KBC members.
- Leadership – The FLOCKS is a great starting place for spiritually mature men to learn how to lead a small group. New leaders are trained and closely advised by the family ministries pastor
- Outreach – A small group is a great place to invite an unsaved friend or neighbor. People who may typically feel threatened by coming to church are very willing to come to someone’s home for Bible study and fellowship.
- Care – When you are with a small group of people for any length of time, you really get to know the specific needs of the individuals with whom you fellowship. When needs arise, other members of the group naturally extend Christ-like care and help to meet the needs.
- Knowledge – Biblical fellowship always centers on the Word of God. Each group has a study that they work through that is biblically based and Christ-centered. The teacher will encourage the group to discuss the Word by asking probing questions of meaning and personal application.
- Service – Not only do the FLOCKS serve one another’s needs, but they also band together from time to time to serve both the church body and others in need. This may mean singing at a nursing home at Christmas time or doing yard work for an elderly person in the church body.